Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Christmas Time '08

12/25/08 Thursday 1300

Comparing previous Christmases, I can still remember how joyous it was, Christmas songs heard everywhere, bright lights twinkling blinded my astonished eyes, people wear very happy masks way back then, families and individuals of different races and social status filled the churches. Me and my family go to this sacred place to before the long waited Christmas eve. During my childhood I remember me with my brothers falling into long lines just to get one of the arrays of sweet package given to children at Lorenzo Ruiz Chapel, it consists of assorted candies and biscuits, yumm!! That package always made my day. An innocent heart who appreciates the simple things in life, worry free, pure laughter, I just missed those days....

As I observe this very moment, gone is the spirit of Christmas, parades of jocund people, Christmas lights, songs, carolers, and the sumptuous feast. Poverty dominated this special season of giving and sharing. Darkness took away everyone's smile. I'm one of them, I too can't feel its essence anymore. And of course still present here is the inevitable traffic!! Beep! Beep!! I am awaken everyday by honking cars darn!! Divisoria is the culprit obviously!! Endless haggling of buyers for the cheapest price possible crowded the streets. Unavailability of rides going home killed my super tired feet for four years. Had to walk home. A part of my past that ruins my day......

No comments:

Post a Comment