Friday, November 12, 2010

Nokia Project Gener8: The Unexpected Call


One boring Sunday (November 7, 2010), my brain is infested and intoxicated by enormous journal articles.I can count a thousand lambs just to past time but I have to do a lot of reading so as to make my day productive...somehow. Sigh.

I haven't wrote any new blog since March. Yes, I admit, I am not hooked into writing yet. So the story begins. Flashback: me and my partner in crime, Cy (http://absoluteawesomeness.blogspot.com/), decided to join Nokia Philippine's Project Gener8, a contest to retrieve a poor guy's memory (http://www.facebook.com/pier.roxas).

Cy, who is a natural genius has a wild and creative imagination. We tried our luck and submitted two entries for the said contest. We merely talked about this nor slobber over the prizes. Days have passed without us noticing, hence there was a delayed response on our second entry. To our fate, it was also received by Nokia. It was a coalescence of our ideas which has been put up into artistic writing.

By November 7, 2010, my idle phone suddenly rang. An unknown caller was buzzing me and trying to draw away my attention from my beloved journal articles. Since I'm not into answering text or calls from unknown numbers too, I was boggled whether to pick the call or not. This time, I'm having a mixed emotions for an unidentified reason, felt like millions of pins and needles stinging my nerves. I decided to answer the call even if it is against my principle, I haven't talked until they introduced themselves. To my surprise, it was someone from Nokia!! I over reacted of course! :) seems like I'm dreaming analogous to winning a lottery jackpot! I'm in denial, it's unconvincing, my brain stopped working for a short while, feigning from reality then I reiterated and clarified what they've said. Poof! Wake-up!! It's not a prank call! Our entry was indeed officially chosen for the top eight.

I immediately called Cy, for I know he won't answer a call from an unknown. I didn't even bother thinking on whatever he was up to, I'm being annoying as I can. After several attempts of calling, I caught his spirit. I deliriously utter to him the good news I received from the anonymous phone call in full excitement. I'm over reacting right? :)

Semi Flashback: We then undergone briefing on November 9, 2010 at JWT, an advertising firm who handles Nokia's Project Gener8 Campaign. This was a briefing about the second part of the contest, filming our stories in HD using Nokia N8. This is overwhelming and definitely novel since we were suddenly deviated from our genuine world, the realm of medicines. The brainbox will be directing the film, my role this time will be more of our story's execution.

November 10, 2010, we were called to attend the "Official Press Launch" of the finalist. It was held at Greenbelt 3: My Cinema from 1030-1630. We weren't allowed to disclose any information until after this event. We were technically nine there because of me. Okay! No one is allowed to leave their violent comments here as we fully understood the mechanics of this contest and was frequently recapitulated to us. We will only receive ONE prize if ever we won.

A warm appreciation to Nokia Philippines, JWT Advertising Agency, Abracadabra Production House and to all the press who made this event possible. I would also want to thank Mr. Daiguro Dash, WebMaster/ Feature Writer of BusinessMirror Publication for mentioning us on one of his posts.

11/13/2010 00:28

No comments:

Post a Comment